Fly the following routes, in the prescribed order, in any of the specified retro fleet aircraft. All qualifying flights must be completed within one year of the first qualifying flight.
Routes: KLAX-KSFO, KSFO-KDEN, KDEN-KORD, KORD-KIAD, KIAD-KLAX, KLAX-KIAD, KIAD-KORD, KORD-KDEN, KDEN-KSFO and KSFO-KLAX.
Aircraft categories, and how they appear in our schedule; you can only use one category of aircraft two times*:
- BAe146 (AR1, AR8, RJ85, RJ100), Embraer 135, Embraer 145
- Boeing 727-200, 737-200, 737-500, Sud Aviation Caravelle
- Boeing 707, Boeing 747-200, 747-400 (not the 747-800), McDonnell Douglas DC10, McDonnell Douglas MD11
- Douglas DC3, Convair 340, Vickers Viscount, Douglas DC6, Douglas DC7
- Douglas DC8, McDonnell Douglas MD80, MD81, MD82, MD83
* For example, if you fly one leg in the B747-200 and one leg in the B747-400 – or two legs in the B747-400 – you cannot fly the B707 or DC10. At the minimum, you can fly one aircraft from each category up to two times.
BONUS: Completing this award also earns the Original Hubs Tour award (legs 1-5) and the Cross Country award (legs 5 and 6), if you do not already have these awards. You can either claim each award as their requirements are met or claim all three awards at the end of the Vintage Wings tour. If the latter, remind your hub management that you’re claiming multiple awards at the same time.
Look for the Vintage Wings tracking sheet in the Downloads page of our website.