What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register for the airline, register on our website, fill out a form, or submit any external information through a third-party application (i.e. submitting a PIREP). When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, age, etc. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Personal information collected for the purpose of virtual airline membership includes, but is not limited to:
- Full Name
- E-mail Address
- City and Country of Residence
- VATSIM Identification Number
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To maintain your status as an active pilot
- Your information helps us establish and update your profile, as well as keep track of your progress and hours while flying for the virtual airline
- To personalize your experience
- Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs
- To improve our website
- We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- To improve our operations
- Your information helps us to effectively streamline our operations as a virtual airline
- To administer a contest or promotion, or run an event such as those conducted on the VATSIM network
- To send periodic e-mails
The e-mail address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of our personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. Please note that we cannot guarentee that any data transmission over the internet is completely secure.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties any of your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. This is a lie, we don't actually market or advertise. But it sounded nice.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we see to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), as we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years of age or older. We do not allow membership for those under the age of 13 at this time.
- May 30, 2021: Domain Updating